Friday, March 19, 2010

Go fish

I realized this morning that spring is here according to my koi fish. Starting around the time we get some serious frost, I stop feeding them. They snuggle together at the bottom of the pond and appear to be sleeping. They are hibernating. They will move a little during the winter but do not require food. Since they are not eating, the water does not become polluted as it does the rest of the year. Well, this morning they are swimming more around the top of the pond. The temperature will reach 65-70 today. So, I guess these are the signs I need to get with it and clean the pond, get the waterfall going, and feed the fish. No more sewing, drawing, writing, knitting, crocheting, painting. My jobs will be working on the yard and pond. Tomato seeds are sprouting in the house, and onions and radishes and lettuce will be planted out side this week. For some reason, these jobs are not as easy or fun as they used to be. I am sure it has nothing to do with age. I keep telling myself that 60 is the new 40. I say this over and over again. It has not made a difference yet.. Well, out I go to the new spring adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment